Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Status Report: A Trial Trio

So, this last week end was my birthday, and I thought that there would be no better time for my art banana experiment to be officially born. As with all of my projects I always have huge aspirations of taking over the world. I envisioned a tour involving a three month greyhound pass and hundreds of art bananas to be found by an legions of unsuspecting art deprived Americans. BUT, these Art Bananas take time and money to make, so while I am preparing for my evil plans, there is no reason why I can't get this thing started with a few baby steps before I break into an outright run. Anyway, on Sunday I placed three Art Bananas around my town and I am awaiting responses. I may never get responses, but one can hope. The awesome thing about this experience, is that I KNOW at least one person per banana will be confronted with art, because even if they are simply a worker cleaning up who ends up throwing the banana away, they still have to pick it up and look at it. No matter what, they can't be ignored. These three all went to commercial locations, Panera Bread, Something's Brewing, and Hastings. So if you were brave enough to pick one of these up and found your way to this blog, don't be shy! Let us know what you think! If you are shy however, thank you for finding your Art Banana, and I hope that you enjoy it!

No comments:

Post a Comment